Recipients of the Level 2 Apprentice Practice Badge will be able to apply implementation strategies and facilitate specific implementation activities/tools within the various stages of implementation. Recipients of this badge will reflect on their current skills, develop a plan for skill development and demonstrate learning in at least one of three foundational implementation support practitioner core competencies: Grow and Sustain Relationships, Co-Learning and Understanding Context.
Directions for the Level 2 Practice badge for the Fall 2023 term are listed below. If you are accessing this for another term, please note that there may be changes made to these documents until the next term launches.
To start, download (below) the Level 2 Apprentice Practice Reflection Guide. As you work through the activities, take your time to complete each section of the guide. This form will guide you through key takeaways, reflections on the Implementation Stages and Core Competencies and encourage application to your current work. There is a Level 2 Practice Rubric embedded with each question of the Reflection Guide to support your thinking.
The successful applicant for the Level 2 Apprentice Practice Badge will complete the following activities for the Active Implementation Framework - Stages:
- Go to the Implementation Stages page of the Active Implementation Hub. The materials you will need for your Implementation Stages learning is on this page and linked below for your convenience.
- Review the SISEP video describing Implementation Stages (SISEP YouTube) located at the top of the Implementation Stages page.
- Read the Implementation Stages Overview (Item 3) on the Implementation Stages page linked above and here for your convenience. Remember, as with Level 1, it is not important that you follow every link within the reading (we will dive deeper into those topics later). However, you will want to pay careful attention to the role of Teams in each stage of implementation. Teams are critical to ensure the context for good implementation to happen. Be sure to download and review this handout on teams that is linked in the Overview.
- Complete the activity: Getting Started with Implementation Stages
- Complete the Lesson for the Implementation Stages Planning Tool (Item 4) on the Implementation Stages page linked above
- Download the Implementation Stages Planning Tool and review (also Item 4).
Optional (if helpful): read the Implementation Stages One-Pager (Item 2) on the Implementation Stages page linked above.
Optional deeper dive: check out the resources at the end of the Implementation Stages Overview. There are several that are not used in the micro-credentialing program but that you may find helpful to deepen your understanding or use with the teams that you support.
- Complete the lessons for the following three foundational implementation support practitioner competencies:
- View an example of the competencies listed above in use along with tools for fostering these skills in these two short videos. (Video 1 and Video 2). You may choose to use these videos as part of the reflection activity for the Implementation Support Practitioner (ISP) Foundational Competencies in the Level 2 Practice Reflection Guide.
- Starting in this level, and continuing in subsequent levels, you are asked to develop a Growth Plan (downloadable below) to strengthen your skills in the Implementation Support Practitioner Competencies.
Upon completion, be sure to upload the following three documents as Word Documents and in accordance with our file naming conventions*:
- Level 2 Apprentice Practice Reflection Guide
- Activity: Getting Started with Implementation Stages
- Level 2 Growth Plan
*Please rename your documents using this formatting: Last Name, First Initial | Document title (e.g. Ward, C | Level 2 Practice Reflection Guide). If your reviewer asks you to submit a revised document, please ensure REVISED is at the end of the document title.
Dates for Fall 2023 Cohorts:
Applicants begin asynchronous learning September 1, 2023
First Community of Practice: September 11, 2023, 4:00 - 5:30 PM ET
Second Community of Practice: October 16, 2023, 4:00 - 5:30 PM ET
Third Community of Practice: November 6, 2023, 4:00 - 5:30 PM ET
Evidence Submission must be completed by November 30, 2023